Mar 31, 2015

Game maps for next version

I believe in procedural generation.
Combined with hand-made game features it can give virtually infinite replayability both for RPG and strategy games.
That's why, map generation algorithm was my target number one for a long-long period.
You can't imagine how many different algorithms I have tried.
From one hand I want semi-open word for our game.  (semi-open, because we don't need another world without game project).
From other hand, game should have interesting mazes and labyrinths to explore.

So! I think, that I close to my goal. Open this screenshot.
Yes, instead of blocks variability it has couple of outstanding bugs, but it combines maze to explore and enough space to add special locations (towns, lairs, crypts etc)



No comments:

Post a Comment