Oct 29, 2012

Game Design


Brainstorming FFHtR game design shows lot of flaw in FFHtR game design. Well, it is not right, FFHtR flaws in game design was obvious for everyone, who played  it. I have understand lack of game designer skill. My skill, of course.
It is funny that I didn't understand that before as it happened with coding.
OK, a bit of history, when I have started FFHtR, I wasn't coding for years and all my previously coded game were crude etc.Doubtlessly, my skills, both programming and game designing were rusty and fitted stone age.
Unpleasant experience with my own code, showed that I should learn and learn a lot to increase performance, create better GUI, learn how to do something, and what I should never do, programming such big and complex program as roguelike.
Happy, I succeeded, of course, I didn't become super programmer, but now FFHtR has reasonable performance and adequate interface (of course, there is always way to make it better, but is is always so).
So, when most of technical problems has gone, mostly, it showed that FFHtR ridiculously not funny!
I was thinking about feature (you can read this in the blog),  more features, changing features, but, damn, I was one that guys who didn't understand, until now, that game design is real skill, and it should be trained, learned and mastered. You should learn and toil, read books and work, etc.
Same like programming, isn't it? At end of all, I understand that!

No comments:

Post a Comment