Jul 4, 2013

step by step

Again, I have some sort of depressed state of mind and try to cheer up.
It happens sometimes. Coding Fallen is really fun and cool, but now everything damn boring. Maybe for couple of weeks now.
I know how to live throw it as quickly as possible.

Well, about Fallen development.
0.1  is nearly done, I don’t want to cheat you. It is literally new game, so it gone back to alpha stage now.

For example inventory totally ruined now and should be reworked, I am afraid recoded from scratch.
Hah, I was proud about inventory code once. Now I can’t look at it without hundred of facepalms. It is the price of progress, right.

I don’t know how long I would stay ruined, so I’ll put 0.1 to download section today without announcing it on roguebasin and so on. Some sort of release for close friends.
When I’ll back on tracks I’ll continue the fight.

EDIT:
Ohh. I forget, turned off generation of random groups on road hosts.
It means, that roaming animals, undead and rogues wouldn’t attack townspeople.
Of course, we would have it, but it would be organized and quest oriented.
It was really funny to see animas and undead fighting each other and hunting citizens  on the town streets, for the first few times, but it is completely game breaking.

For example, you can’t visit besieged town, because it flooded by mosters.

2 comments:

  1. just found your page man. This post kind of concerns me.. so is your roguelike playable right now? Sounds like the inventory is bugged and broken,....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playable as any alpha roguelike can be playable I suppose. ^_^

    Inventory isn't bugged, its GUI somewhat broken, but it doesn't worth repairing and should be reworked and placed to smaller window.

    ReplyDelete