Apr 9, 2014

09/04/14

Sometimes I find current progress rather insignificant for the blog to post.
Oh my, It just like my resolution - "never touch the code, if your are tired"!
I spent a lot of time, fixing the most obscure and bizarre bugs (these words are the best to describe these bugs), made during exhausted coding.
Please, go to bed and then write good code, but no!
From time to time I give up to anticipation for work and got what I got!

The same is for the blog. Why do I think for you?
 If you like, you will read. You don't like, you don't read and I have nothing to do about it.
The worst thing I can do :"don't write about this insignificant stuff".
I think, it is up to you to decide!

Well then - Drag & Drop. Yeah. it is the inventory.
You can grab the item and move here and there.
I have some code clean up in inventory class and some finalization job, but it works and works well!
The most surprising stuff for me was that drag & drop is easer to implement, then classic roguelike "keyboard only" interface! Surprise!

Of course, I left "click to pick up" (or hot key) routines at the main screen.
So you don't have to drag&drop items, while you are on the main screen.
Drag & drop is cool, but it doesn't mean that it should be push it everywhere.
For example: "pick up coins in one click or 'p' hot key" (ideally auto pick up) or "grab coins and drag them to purse".
It overburdens interface in such cases.

Next cool and useful feature.
Game would have lot of game play, based on global map.
It means, you should have free, quick and comfortable access to this map!
Done!
Use mouse wheel to zoom right up to global map and back to the game.



close zoom out
distant zoom out
Chess figures are a bit bugged representation of creatures' groups.
Chess figures are temporary measure, of course.

What next?
I have to finish global map information windows, fix road map glitches and inventory looks messy and unfinished.
















Also, Jesus05 finished powerful debug system for Fallen.
We have to put it to use.
Heh, debug doesn't implement for itself.
It is enough for now.

EDIT:
Oh yeah. Just forget. As you can see on the inventory screenshot, font mechanism was tweaked.
Game supports up to "a lot of" fonts (three looks like enough) and they can be changed with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment