Jan 5, 2012

One World, One Save Folder, One Player

Well, I have cut multiple save slots and ability to reload game, after heroes death. FFHtR is hardcore once again. Its odd, because I spent lot of time to create that.
Damn, roguelikes should be hardcore! At end of of all, now you can avenge you previous Avatar with help of new one. I think, that I'll add hero status to Avatars killer, as nemesis of %Avatar_Name%, so, it would be easy to find "that bad guy". ^_^
Also, this way of gameplay tends to be more sandbox, that previous one.

Surprisingly, this change was really bugs free. Of course, there are some issues, such as: lands, explored by fallen hero remains explored, but it was predictable and would be fixed, when I would start "word validation, after avatars death" code.

So, next step, as I told before, would be semi-random sites,
then  "word validation, after avatars death" and the last ones would be different small issues from 0.0.7 version.

After that, I'll cut down global map up to small, really small map, I'll write about it later on and would realize 0.0.8  "One World, One Save Folder, One Player" version.

No comments:

Post a Comment