Feb 26, 2012

There is something to report.
I found, that ladders doesn't work, well, you can use them to go up or down, but can't step on them, once you left it.
It was result of older map unit methods, frankly, there were two of them, doubling different functions and bringing disorder.
The main reason, I left old methods were doors. Doors were map units and had strange open/ close methods, better described like "dirty hack". Fixing it, would make me to fix lot of issues, but also would give some possibilities.
So, I put myself together and removed one of the map unit control method (old one), removed doors from map units, they are now different type of stand alone units, iterations with them wouldn't touch the map.
As I mentioned before, It gave me different possibilities, so now, door can be locked, picklocked, bashed and have traps.
So, when you meet locked door you can lockpick it, if you know how or knock it down,  but break open would 100% trigger trap, alarm nearby creatures and drain you food timer.
 Yes, of course, traps are coming, it means new skill for trap detection etc.
I should admit, that hidden door are also possible, but right now they would be too easy to find, because of 3/4 tileset, we should find the solution.

Also, I found issue of ladder bug for some unknown reason, they got wall pattern, so they were blocking creatures to walk on there tiles.


There is small issue, that new doors are transparent, but I found way how to fix it, without adding additional if check to FOV calculations.

As a gameplay addition, Amuretis and Calabim factions would leave playable faction list, again ^_^, until done.
0.0.8 would have newcomers lizarman faction of Mazatl and, if I could fix them, The Fay faction, I am not sure for trolls, but faerie would be possible.

* As addition to all this things I created new unit, it would rule global events. Right now, it has only one method - map revalidation for temperature changes, but for the future development it would be important part of gameplay. Game would be stacking different global events and realizing them into game, for example every 10th day, but always when player stays on global map. Sounds really promising for sandbox gameplay.

PS
And yes, I forget about seasons, they are done, it moves temperature zones when cold/ hot months come, would give some interesting features, when temperature would affect gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment