Nov 21, 2013

Action!

I decided to separate blog posts about roguelike dev and  Fallen progress.

This one is about Fallen!
We are still working on surprise. There was enough premature decisions, so I want to keep it simple and interesting. This is my  law now.
Also, now I have a break from hidden stuff and pass the baton to GoodSir, so I can continued work on Actions!
I have finished interface, that allows you to see what do creature or your avatar doing right now.
Also, it show what effects and conditions affects creature.
The fun is, I keep it simple, I didn't add new structure that affects creatures. All this cool effects using turn action routines, like move and fight. It is flexible enough to have states like "fly from strong kick", "get a attribute gain/loss" and so on.
Right now I am coding wrapper then will provide with easy interface to work with low level "turn actions routines".
When I will finish, actions like "Horrible battle cry  -20 attack to every enemy for N turns", "bleeding strike - hp/turn", "Iron skin +2*level armor" or "bush fly in %direction%"  could be done with flying colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment