Nov 30, 2013

Dungeon

What do I think about dungeon and dungeons for Fallen?
What type of dungeon I found interesting?

When I need to come to any sort of decision, that founds difficult to set up a goal, I usually use "negative" method.
It means, if I want to know what means the best dungeon, I have to find out, what do I think the worst dungeon.
So, lets think, what I don't want to see in Fallen dungeons.

a. Monsters is the only thing you meet there. That's wrong. Dungeons should have traps, treasures and puzzles. Some dungeons could be monsters free, but still active and interesting.
b. This room is all dungeon. Until we make some sort of tomb or house basement, dungeon should be big.
c. We assure you, exit is where you enter. You enter dungeon, explore, fight monster, collect bounties and treasures, evade traps and then leave it, where you entered the dungeon. There is no other option. I don't like.  There should be possibility to finde other dungeon, other place, town, hallway etc and find yourself in completely other place or leave where you entered. It is up to you. It shouldn't be 100% option, we can have simple dungeons, but they shouldn't be the majority of them.
d. Dungeon is dungeon, it is the law.  But why? If I want to have underground city or forest, or lake, or everything.
e. The deeper you go, the more dangerous it became. Okay, it sounds logical, but seriously, if it if dragons lair, it would be deadly  from the very beginning, and why goblins should put weakest members of there society near the entrance, maybe they should put there guard post?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment