Jan 29, 2014

simple, the simplest

It is interesting. I came to nice and accurate algorithm, that will enhance life simulation code, but achieved my goal by changing only one variable.
That's true, one variable "pumped up" already existing algorithms and made new one obsolete, before it was finished.
I really love simple things, but sometimes the are simpler then you thought.

I back to skills and abilities interface. I wanted to make all in one skill screen, but found out, that it isn't look good at all.
Even popup help windows can't help.
So, you would be browsing skills, each of them would have its own window. It would take some time, because player should be able to read descriptions, level up skills and buy new abilities and perks, but it worth all troubles.

2 comments:

  1. Is there any chance for more information about your algorithm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course. It is algorithm, that have to move NPC monsters closer to Player, respecting players movenment.
    It utilize big world, but could be useful for smaller roguelikes too!
    I'll write blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete