Mar 13, 2014

Minimap

I didn’t plan to post about this, rather minor event, but plans changed.
I speak about the minimap. I finished it yesterday and everything gone unexpectedly easy and smoothly.
I don’t feel lost any longer while travels, also, minimap gave me couple of ideas about future development and showed one unpleasant bug, that slows down the game.
Few creatures are sent inside the walls and clatter pathfinding in useless attempts to fight and be fought.
Interesting idea about future development? Well. As I wrote, I plan to create routines, which will move creatures around map and wouldn’t consume lot of CPU time.
It looks like, that with a little efforts, this routines would emulate full scale ‘life simulation’, without creating this disturbing couple of lifetimes goal - ‘Game algorithms copy the real life’.


I gave this evening and all Saturday. Let’s see, is it worth to bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment