Mar 20, 2014

Traveling is nearly to be done

Predictable. This is the word for all this 'pathfinding' routines.
Surprisingly predictable. Everything gone just the way I described in previous posts.

Inhabitants of Cold Halvic (about 40 NPC) gathered together and started their long-long trip to another settlement.
They successfully arrived to their destination. Of course, there were few glitches as I predicted, but predicted glitch isn't a problem a all.

So, I have to create 'ban direction precalculation' and 'add NPC to active zone' (because now, Player can see NPC appear and disappear from/to nowhere. That is fun to see during test, but not during the actual play).
Also, we get the nice bonus from this road map routines. You are to be able to click on the mini map or the global map and expect your character to go there on his own. Saving this destination and having 'beacons', just like in Dungeon Craw SS would be great! This automove and autoexplore features are my favourite in DCSS. Removes tons of micromanagement.

Yeah. I think, I can finish it today and move forward to finalizing the ranged weapons.
After this, I have to start, long awaited 'drag&drop' routines. They wouldn't do themselves!

PS
Also. I have to share another good news. Jesus05 the fellow and devoted roguelike developer joined our team.
It would be great to have him on board, because he is the guy I used to ask for advise for many times. 
He is a programmist. So, we set up a version control system and try to work together.
Of course, it would take a time to set it all up and he should read my supermegacode first, but, I think it would enhance the development.



No comments:

Post a Comment