Jun 2, 2012

Font troubles

GONE!

Yes! I got lot of complaints about font. It is ugly.
It roots in grid of game sprites, font should be 1/4 of game grid, of course it making font deformed and ugly.
But! Thanx to GoodSir, we implemented new interface with windows, so I was made to create new font output mechanism based on real pixel coordinates, rather then console coordinates.

So, the time has come to fix this "font problem", yesterday, I got enlightenment, how to do this and...
did it!
Game would have different fonts for different situations. Smaller for game log, bigger for windows, funny looking for game menus. etc.
Of course, it has lot of issues, should be polished and implemented into all game (I added it to gamelog only, for now). I'll do this in 0.1.0 release. 0.0.9 is quest release, but it would be!


No comments:

Post a Comment